www.www.buonovino.com

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptionsDigestDigest PreferencesFAQFAQSearchSearchMemberlistMemberlistUsergroupsUsergroupsRegisterRegisterFAQ安全提示FAQDonate
ProfileProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Shear Wall design in staad
Goto pagePrevious1,2,3,4...9,10,11Next
Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic::View next topic
SANJEEV KASLIWAL
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:32 amPost subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

pl send the model with shear wall design

My email id iskasli25@yahoo.co.in

thanks

sanjeev kasliwal

VPandya wrote:
Dear Ers. Manoj Kumar/RkYadav/SS Mann/Avijit Ghosh,

I have send the file "Shearwall.std" to all who requested.

Note:Er. K. Gangadharanji could you to tell me how to use your E-Mail.

Please resend me your E-Mail address such that I can type it in my E-Mail box.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E. ; S.E.
Structural Engineer
SANJEEV KASLIWAL
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:34 amPost subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

Kindly send me the said input files for shear wall.

my mail id iskasli25@yahoo.co.in

regards

sanjeev kasliwal

VPandya wrote:
Dear Ers. Manoj Kumar/RkYadav/SS Mann/Avijit Ghosh,

I have send the file "Shearwall.std" to all who requested.

Note:Er. K. Gangadharanji could you to tell me how to use your E-Mail.

Please resend me your E-Mail address such that I can type it in my E-Mail box.

Regards.

Structural Engineer
prav_77
SEFI Regulars
SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:25 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

dear sir,
i have similar problem.. please send those files too..
my email id :
prav.svnit@gmail.com
fazal_mahmud_siddique
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 pmPost subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

My email id is fazalarju@gmail.com

thanks

F.M.Siddique

Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

Post发布:2014年4月22日星期二59点Post subject: Re: You can easily do SHEAR WALL Design in STAAD/PRO. Reply with quote

Dear Er Pandyaji,

Instead of sending the file to each and every one, you may send it to Er Sanjeev Kumar , who will upload it to the SEFINDIA site.

Regards,
NS
VPandya wrote:
Dear Er.Kshitij Tare,

Last year around this time I send these two STAAD/PRO Model showing how to design SHEAR WALLS in STAAD/PRO. If you send me your E-Mail address I willsend the same two STAAD/PRO Model input files. You are doing something wrong that is why you are getting this errors.

From my previous SEFI post around this time last year:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am attaching two STAAD Model input files.
1) EXAMP09.std. Example 9 (U.S. Example). This is a good example for using Plate & Shell elements.
2) Shearwall.std. Shear Wall FRAME Interaction Model. This is a Multi Storied Building with Shear Wall. This is done to show how to generating Model . (Bentley Support People).In real Building Shear Wall location will not be like this, only on one edge.So use it for how to Generate your Model and Design Shear Wall. Also see the reinforcement design of Shear Wall.
3) Read Section 3.8 Designing Elements, Shear Walls , Slabs of STAAD TECH. REF. Manual page 214 to 224.FOR FIRST TIME USERS
THIS ITEM -3, 10 PAGES ARE A MUST READ USING PLATE & SHELL ELEMENTS FOR SHEAR WALL DESIGN.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards.
Structural Engineer
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:07 pmPost subject: Thanks. I will just do that. Reply with quote

Dear Dr.Subramanian,

Thanks. I will just do that. I did not know this and SEFI would not let me attach STAAD/PRO input files with .std extension.

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E.; S.E.
Structural Engineer
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:50 amPost subject: SHEAR WALL FRAME INTERACTION FILES. Reply with quote

Dear SEFI Ers,

Many SEFI Enrs have asked for these two files or SHEAR WALL FRAME INTERACTION ANALYSIS. Here they are attached (Zipped).

The two files you requested are attached.

a) Attach is the STAAD/PRO input file on Shear Wall analysis and Design, "Shearwall.std" . This multistoryShearwall-Frame Interactionmodel was developed by STAAD/PRO Tech. Support group and sent to me at my request. I would not have put Shear Wall only on one side of building . I would have put second Shear Wall on the other side also. And for other direction I would rely onMOMENT FRAMESor aBracing Bay ,or some thing like that. So this modelShearwall.stdis just to help us generate a Shear Wall Frame interaction Model for analysis and Design in STAAD/PRO.

b) EXAMP09.std.

Regards.

Structural Engineer

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
EXAMP09 (1).zip
Description:
Examp09.std. Staad Examp file.
Shearwall.std . Shear Wall frame Interaction Model File

Download
Filename: EXAMP09 (1).zip
Filesize: 2.92 KB
Downloaded: 1349 Time(s)

sharmapuneetk
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:10 pmPost subject: Shear wall Modelling Reply with quote

Sir Can anyone send a STAAD file for shear wall Design at the following email IDsharmapuneetk07@gmail.com

Thanking You

Puneet
hemaljshah
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:49 amPost subject: Reply with quote

i am submiting one staad file in which design of shearwall as per is 456 done. hope it will be useful..

Use online scanners
shearwall.rar
Description:

Download
Filename: shearwall.rar
Filesize: 2.39 KB
Downloaded: 1194 Time(s)

VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 amPost subject: Re: I have send the file Shearwall.std to all who requested. Reply with quote

fazal_mahmud_siddique wrote:

My email id is fazalarju@gmail.com

thanks

F.M.Siddique

Dear Er. Siddiqueji,
Your E-Mail comment:
"Dear Pandya, Thank you very much . But on running "shear wall.std" it shows two error message" Please elaborate the meshing procedure in step"MSword
". I will be highly obliged. Your siddique,
fazalarju@gmail.com"

I ran again on my computer and I get these warning messages:
1)
**WARNING:IF THIS UBC/IBC ANALYSIS HAS TENSION/COMPRESSIONOR REPEAT LOAD OR RE-ANALYSIS OR SELECT OPTIMIZE, THEN EACHUBC/IBC CASE SHOULD BE FOLLOWED BY PERFORM ANALYSIS & CHANGE.

2) Fatal Error:
****ERROR: Indian (Concrete) Code is not supported.

第二个致命错误消息很简单,我有啊nly U.S. Design Code with my STAAD/PRO, no Indian Design Codes. Cost money to have both. For the first message warning I have contacted STAAD/PRO tech support , let us see what they have to say if this affects the results.Warning messages usually do not affect final reults but it is good to know them and fixthem.

Regards.

Structural Engineer

TODAY 25/04/2014 , I GOT THIS ANSWER FROM BENTLEY SUPPORT PEOPLE:

QUESTION:
1)
**WARNING:IF THIS UBC/IBC ANALYSIS HAS TENSION/COMPRESSIONOR REPEAT LOAD OR RE-ANALYSIS OR SELECT OPTIMIZE, THEN EACHUBC/IBC CASE SHOULD BE FOLLOWED BY PERFORM ANALYSIS & CHANGE.

ANSWER: This has to do with Seismic Load Generation. You can ignore this warning if you are not generating Seismic Loads in your model.

Technical Support Group
Bentley Systems, Incorporated

Although the warning message mentionsUBC/IBC, it is applicable to seismic load generation as per any of the codes including the NBC of Canada.It is a generic warningand is provided wheneverthe software finds that an automatic seismic load generation has been used,irrespective of whether member tension/compression/REPEAT LOAD/MEMBER SELECTION has been used or not.In your case, since neither of these exist, you may simply ignore the warning.Else you may simply get rid of these warnings by adding the PERFORM ANALYSIS and CHANGE after each seismic case as shown next.
LOAD 1 SEISMIC LOAD +X

• NRC LOAD X 1
    PERFORM ANALYSIS
    CHANGE
    ************************************************************************************
    LOAD 2 SEISMIC LOAD +Z
    ************************************************************************************
    NRC LOAD Z 1
    PERFORM ANALYSIS
    CHANGE
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards.

Structural Engineer

Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto pagePrevious1,2,3,4...9,10,11Next
Page3of11

Jump to:
Youcannotpost new topics in this forum
Youcannotreply to topics in this forum
Youcannotedit your posts in this forum
Youcannotdelete your posts in this forum
Youcannotvote in polls in this forum
Youcannotattach files in this forum
Youcandownload files in this forum

© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA,Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service.advertisement policy
Baidu
map