www.www.buonovino.com

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptionsDigestDigest PreferencesFAQFAQSearchSearchMemberlistMemberlistUsergroupsUsergroupsRegisterRegisterFAQ安全提示FAQDonate
ProfileProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

STAAD. PRO
Goto pagePrevious1,2,3... ,62,63,64Next
Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic::View next topic
amandeep verma
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:56 pmPost subject: Re: STAAD. PRO Reply with quote

P.K.Mallick wrote:
I presume there are engineers like me in this forum who are not conversant with STAAD.PRO operation.

But I am sure there are experts available in this forum who are quite conversant with STAAD.PRO.
For benefit of novices like me, Will somebody write step by step method of operating STAAD.PRO right from model generation,loading and design.

Example of a building will suffice.

Any volunteer ?!

Please come forward.

I know it is time consuming and requires considerable efforts.

Still I am hopeful that somebody will come forward.

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.
15'X21' span.zip
Description:
Dear Sir,
Please find it.

Download
Filename: 15'X21' span.zip
Filesize: 2.59 KB
Downloaded: 762 Time(s)

PushkarKokane
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:46 amPost subject: Steel connections Reply with quote

Sir.
How I design connection with the help of stadd value in steel structure?
VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:30 pmPost subject: Connection Design package attached to STAAD/PRO . Reply with quote

Dear Er .PushkarKokane,
We do Structural Analysis with STAAD/PRO and use a separate package calledRAM STEEL CONNECTIONSfor CONNECTION DESIGN based on US AISC STEEL CODE . The connection design forces are automatically transferred to RAM STEEL Package from STAAD ANALYSIS . Go to STAAD/PRO site and get more details, what they have to say about Connection Design based Indian Steel Code IS 800 .

Note :One structural Engineer on a Project I was working as a consultant in India, told me that , WE ASK STEEL FABRICATOR TO DESIGN ALL OUR STEEL CONNECTIONS .THAT IS A NO, NOIN A USA DESIGN OFFICE.STRUCTURAL ENGINEER OF RECORD ( SER) WHO SIGN AND SEAL ALL STRUCTURAL DRAWINGS OF A PROJECT , IS ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CONNECTION DESIGN EVEN SOME SIMPLE SHEAR CONNECTION DESIGN MAY BE DONE BY STEEL FABRICATOR USING AISC STEEL DESIGN MANUAL . CHECK AISC PRACTICE FOR , CONNECTION DESIGN RESPONSIBILITY .

Remember Structures do fail more frequently due to POOR CONNECTIONS DESIGN than for any other reason .

Regards.

Vasudeo Pandya P.E.
Structural Engineer

VPandya
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:31 amPost subject: Steel Connections Design Responsibility . Reply with quote

• See revised post

Last edited by VPandya on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    VPandya
    General Sponsor
    General Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 amPost subject: Re: Steel Connections Design Responsibility . Reply with quote

Dear Sefi friends ,

NOTE :We do Structural Analysis and final Member Design in STAAD/PRO before going to RAM STEEL CONNECTIONS software.

AISC STEEL CONNECTION DESIGN RESPONSIBILITY from my previous post .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 2010 edition of the AISCCode of StandardPracticeincludes a new alternative.

The 2010 AISCCode of Standard Practice Includes三个选项为连接设计的责任: 1) TheStructural Engineer of Record (SER) designs the connections; 2) The SERprovides adequate information so that the steel detailer need only select and detailthe connections; and 3) The SER delegates connection design to another engineer employed or retained by the fabricator. The third option is completely new to theCodeand was discussed by Charles J. Carter, S.E., P.E.,Ph.D., in the article �Connection Design Responsibility: Is the Debate Over?�(May2009MSC,available atwww.modernsteel.com/backissues).This articleprovides guidance on applying each of the three connection design options in practice, including what to include in your design drawings and specifications and the contract documents (or CDs).

Web-Link for full article:
  • Regards.
  • Vasudeo Pandya P.E.
  • Structural Engineer
    mrbhimani
    SEFI Member
    SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:41 amPost subject: Staad Wireframe view export to Autocad Reply with quote

Can someone guide me how to export staad wireframe view to autocad?
    shashank_b
    SEFI Member
    SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:52 pmPost subject: 3D modeling- plate elements staad pro Reply with quote

Dear all,
    i am trying to model 3D plate model with the application of compression springs both at base and side walls and have some doubts regarding that:
    1) Initially i was trying to apply "load combination" command to add the respective loads but after going through staad literature i found that "repeat loads" were to be used in this case.
    Upon the application of repeat loads i noticed close to 50% decrease in the bending moment . Isn't this decrease too large or am i making some mistake?
    2) In order to reduce bending moments, i applied joints using the release option in plate specifications for the whole structure. But to my dismay, i see no perceptible decrease in the maximum bending moment (rather an increase in bending moments?? why is this happening?
    3) Also regarding application of release, i am confused about direction in which they are to be applied. Figures below show 2 directions in which releases can be applied, which one of them is correct?
    4) Also, i would need some advice on the support conditions to be employed. Should i use fix boundary conditions at corners of base (with intermediate nodes being attached to spring) or should i go for Pinned/fixed boundary condition on top of side wall as shown below

Last edited by shashank_b on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rajsharma
    SEFI Member
    SEFI Member

Post发布:2018年坐7月28日5:06Post subject: Best suggestion Reply with quote

Modeling is the heart of Structural design in STAAD Pro. If you have done model right, half the way is traveled, Let us learn how to do modeling inSTAAD Properfectly.
    logeshcivil
    SEFI Regulars
    SEFI Regulars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:05 amPost subject: Regarding secondary beam design Reply with quote

Dear sefians
    Greetings to you all.

I have some doubts in the STAAD pro.Please those who know the answers help me with it

1. Is it necessary to release moments in the secondary beam at both ends during RC beam design??

2.If yes, why?? and in which direction it should be released??

3. If a secondary beam is resting on two cantilever beam, do the moments has to released in both the secondary beam and cantilever beams??

4.How to calculate enhanced shear and its distance and how to apply it in STAAD PRO

Thanks in advance.

Yours
    Er. S.Logesh
    kanika
    SEFI Member
    SEFI Member

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:46 pmPost subject: kanika Reply with quote

hii
    Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
    Goto pagePrevious1,2,3... ,62,63,64Next
    Page63of64

Jump to:
    Youcannotpost new topics in this forum
    Youcannotreply to topics in this forum
    Youcannotedit your posts in this forum
    Youcannotdelete your posts in this forum
    Youcannotvote in polls in this forum
    Youcannotattach files in this forum
    Youcandownload files in this forum

© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA,Indian Domain Registration
    Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service.advertisement policy
    Baidu
    map