www.www.buonovino.com

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptionsDigestDigest PreferencesFAQFAQSearchSearchMemberlistMemberlistUsergroupsUsergroupsRegisterRegisterFAQSecurity TipsFAQDonate
ProfileProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments
Goto pagePrevious1,2,3...14,15,16,17Next
Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic::View next topic
BVRAO
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:35 amPost subject: Reply with quote

Chart for Fy 550 steel

Fy 550.jpg
Description:
Chart for Fy 550
Filesize: 162.05 KB
Viewed: 288 Time(s)

Fy 550.jpg

N. Prabhakar
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:30 pmPost subject: Proposed REVISION OF IS:456-2000- Inviting Comments Reply with quote

Regarding the use of high grade reinforcement bars of fy500 and fy550, which Mr. Rajan has raised in his posting, I have a strong reservation of it in using for earthquake-resistant structutes as ductility requirement is necessary for inelastic deformation of structural members. More than 70% of cities in India come under Seismic Zone III and above where ductile detailing is a must.�

I am attaching two technical papers on this subject which may be of interest to SEFI �readers.

With best wishes,

N. Prabhakar
Chartered Structural Engineer
Vasai (E)

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020, 3:52 PM Dr. N. Subramanian forum@www.buonovino.com)> wrote:

Quote:
With reference to Er Rajan's question, I also want the committee preparing the Draft to the next revision of IS 456 to include the properties of steel reinforcement in the form of a table in IS 456 itself, instead of referring to IS 1786, with a note on the ductility of steel to be used on earthquake resistant structures.

Warm regards
Subramanian

rajancivildesign@gmail.co (rajancivildesign@gmail.co) wrote:Dear sir
I have one doubt. The design aid to IS456-1978(SP16) was prepared in 1980. At that time steel grade fy415 is in use. So design aid was prepared for steel grade up to Fy500. Now steel grade fy550 is common in the market, there is no reference of constant parameters in the IS456-2000 and there is no chart or table to refer values for design columns or beams manually. To my knowledge most of the commercial pakages use only up to steel grade Fy500 only. Kindly suggest to incorporate some guide lines for design parameter in the proposed code of IS456.
V. M. Rajan.

Posted via Email

Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
Problems_of_using_High_Grade_Steel_in_Constructions.pdf
Description:

Download
Filename: Problems_of_using_High_Grade_Steel_in_Constructions.pdf
Filesize: 490.67 KB
Downloaded: 427 Time(s)

Use online scanners
Ductility_Paper.pdf
Description:

Download
Filename: Ductility_Paper.pdf
Filesize: 807.51 KB
Downloaded: 396 Time(s)

rajancivildesign@gmail.co

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:12 pmPost subject: Chart for Fy550 steel Reply with quote

Dear BV Rao sir,
谢谢你介绍钢表550. It will be very useful. sorry sir, I have seen your chart after posting here. Anyhow I want to include some basic design parameters for higher strength of steel say 550 in the upcoming revision in the proposed code IS456 for designing beams and columns. Dear B.V.Rao sir can you send the attachement directly to my email sir. email idrajancivildesign@gmail.com.
V.M.RAJAN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:49 pmPost subject: use of fe 550 steel for SMRF Reply with quote

Dear Prabhakar sir,
I fully agree with your view on use of fe 550 steel from earthquake
point of view.Is there any mention about use of steel fe 550 conforming to IS1786 about permissible elongation for steel to be adopted in zone 3 and above for seismic design in IS1893-2016. For zone 2 and gravity elements Fe550 can be used. if fe 550 steel is not to be used/ not suitable for SMRF
even though the elongation is within permissible limit, what is the purpose of manufacturing steel grade fe 550 in india. If steel of grade fe 415 and fe 500 are not available in the market, what is the alternate source to use for construction of multistoreyed rcc building design.
V.M.RAJAN.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:01 pmPost subject: Use of fe550D steel bars Reply with quote

Sir
Whether we can use TMT bars of Fe500D, Fe550D bars having elongation as per IS13920 can be adopted for seismic zone 3,4 and 5. Kindly give your views.
V. M. Rajan.
BVRAO
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:39 pmPost subject: Re: Chart for Fy550 steel Reply with quote

rajancivildesign@gmail.co wrote:
Dear BV Rao sir,
谢谢你介绍钢表550. It will be very useful. sorry sir, I have seen your chart after posting here. Anyhow I want to include some basic design parameters for higher strength of steel say 550 in the upcoming revision in the proposed code IS456 for designing beams and columns. Dear B.V.Rao sir can you send the attachement directly to my email sir. email idrajancivildesign@gmail.com.
V.M.RAJAN

Sir,

The charts can be generated in the " Column Design Software" available in this same post page No. 13 . For any d'/D, ( b'/B) ratio and for any grade ( 415, 500 ,550) and 2 sides (or) 4 sides equal steel which are not available in SP-16.

Especially for 2 sides equal steel ,No charts for b'/B ratio of the section is provided in SP-16 . With out these charts Column Design with Two sides Steel is not possible.( Biaxial) .

The above software is posted about 3 years back . No body is responding.
You can design for any Grade , any steel for selected dia , combination , maintaining minimum spacing , economy as per the procedure given in the SP-16. You can check already provided steel section also. you can print the design . calculations also can see at glance including sp -16 chart curves along with other possible options.

Last edited by BVRAO on Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. N. Subramanian
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:01 pmPost subject: Re: Chart for Fy550 steel Reply with quote

Excellent Er B.V. Rao. I appreciate your efforts
Warm regards
Subramanian
BVRAO wrote:
rajancivildesign@gmail.co wrote:
Dear BV Rao sir,
V.M.RAJAN

Sir,

The charts can be generated in the " Column Design Software" available in this same post page No. 13 . For any d'/D, ( b'/B) ratio and for any grade ( 415, 500 ,550) and 2 sides (or) 4 sides equal steel which are not available in SP-16.

Especially for 2 sides equal steel ,No charts for b'/B ratio of the section is provided in SP-16 . With out these charts Column Design with Two sides Steel is not possible.( Biaxial) .

The above software is posted about 3 years back . No body is responding , especially you.
You can design for any Grade , any steel for selected dia , combination , maintaining minimum spacing , economy as per the procedure given in the SP-16. You can check already provided steel section also. you can print the design . calculations also can see at glance including sp -16 chart curves along with other possible options.
BVRAO
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:15 pmPost subject: Re: Chart for Fy550 steel Reply with quote

[quote="Dr. N. Subramanian"]Excellent Er B.V. Rao. I appreciate your efforts
Warm regards
Subramanian

Thank You Very much Sir, You appreciation unforgettable Sir, No words to me to express my feelings

B. Venkateswra Rao

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:35 pmPost subject: RCC design ready reckoner Reply with quote

Dear SAFIANS,
I herewith attached some useful information tables for ready reckoner
for RCC members for members use.
V.M.RAJAN

Use online scanners
Ready reconer.pdf
Description:

Download
Filename: Ready reconer.pdf
Filesize: 1.01 MB
Downloaded: 550 Time(s)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:57 pmPost subject: Partition walls on slab design Reply with quote

Dear SAFIANS,
IS 456-2000 will give only indicative guidelines on loading of partition walls on slab. The design procedure is not so elaborate as given in Reynolds or any design reference books to guide the designer how to design a partition wall over one way or two way slab comes. A detailed procedure on partition wall on one way and two way slab is presented with some case study problem to give a clear idea for designer for their reference.
V.M.RAJAN

Use online scanners
Partition wall on slab.pdf
Description:

Download
Filename: Partition wall on slab.pdf
Filesize: 2.9 MB
Downloaded: 503 Time(s)

Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto pagePrevious1,2,3...14,15,16,17Next
Page15of17

Jump to:
Youcannotpost new topics in this forum
Youcannotreply to topics in this forum
Youcannotedit your posts in this forum
Youcannotdelete your posts in this forum
Youcannotvote in polls in this forum
Youcannotattach files in this forum
Youcandownload files in this forum

© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA,Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service.advertisement policy
Baidu
map