www.www.buonovino.com

STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING FORUM OF INDIA [SEFI]

Forum SubscriptionsSubscriptionsDigestDigest PreferencesFAQFAQSearchSearchMemberlistMemberlistUsergroupsUsergroupsRegisterRegisterFAQ安全提示FAQDonate
ProfileProfileLog in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messagesLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to websiteLog in to forum
Warning: Make sure you scan the downloaded attachment with updated antivirus tools before opening them. They may contain viruses.
Use online scanners
here and here to upload downloaded attachment to check for safety.

Designing the foundation for a D. G. Set

Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion
View previous topic::View next topic
swati_mayekar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:49 pmPost subject: Designing the foundation for a D. G. Set Reply with quote

Hello All,

I need your help while designing a foundation of a D. G. Set. I am going to design this foundation for first time. It's going to be a pedestal of 2.5m X 6.15m. The depth of footing would be 2 m below G.L. The total STATIC Dead weight of D. G. set is 67 kN. Will there be an addition of any live load (from maintenance people) to this 67 kN?

The challenge in front of me is to design a big column of dimensions 2.5m X 6.15m.

My question is how to model such a big column in any design software?

I just cannot put a single joint load on the top of column (2.5m X 6.15m). Because the D. G. Set will rest on some mountings (at least 4 at 4 corners). Then, in that case, how will I place 4 point loads {Final factored DYNAMIC load FFDL = 1.5X 1.5 X (67 + Live load if any); each point load = FFDL/4} on a single column?

I suppose we don't apply the live load directly on a column. But there will be some movement on this pedestal. Do I need to consider this live load?

Also it would be very useful if someone from you clarifies about how deep one should go for foundation of this D. G. Set. ( SBC is 100kN/m2)

Please clarify my doubts.

With Regards,
Swati Mayekar
vikram.jeet
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

帖子:3699

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:26 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

DGset foundation

Pl refer SP 34 IS code, under Machine foundation ,,

Minimum reinf for block foundation = 25kg/m3

Minimum teinf at least 12mm dia @ 200c/c on faces as per Sp34
Arunachalam
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 6:48 pmPost subject: Re: Designing the foundation for a D. G. Set Reply with quote

swati_mayekar wrote:
Hello All,

I need your help while designing a foundation of a D. G. Set. I am going to design this foundation for first time. It's going to be a pedestal of 2.5m X 6.15m. The depth of footing would be 2 m below G.L. The total STATIC Dead weight of D. G. set is 67 kN. Will there be an addition of any live load (from maintenance people) to this 67 kN?

The challenge in front of me is to design a big column of dimensions 2.5m X 6.15m.

My question is how to model such a big column in any design software?

I just cannot put a single joint load on the top of column (2.5m X 6.15m). Because the D. G. Set will rest on some mountings (at least 4 at 4 corners). Then, in that case, how will I place 4 point loads {Final factored DYNAMIC load FFDL = 1.5X 1.5 X (67 + Live load if any); each point load = FFDL/4} on a single column?

I suppose we don't apply the live load directly on a column. But there will be some movement on this pedestal. Do I need to consider this live load?

Also it would be very useful if someone from you clarifies about how deep one should go for foundation of this D. G. Set. ( SBC is 100kN/m2)

Please clarify my doubts.

With Regards,
Swati Mayekar
glnp12
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:41 amPost subject: Design of DG Foundation Reply with quote

How do you design the DG foundation of 2.5m x 6.5m as single column ? It is a thick raft supported on founding medium (hard or soft, as per site conditions). Generally, DGs are well balanced engines and mounted on isolators / springs, thus, may not transfer any large dynamic / vibratory loads to the foundation. I feel, for DG of 65kN, size seems to be too large. Normally, such block foundations are used for reciprocatory machines. For DGs, framed structured should be good enough, with natual frequency away for operating frequency of the machine. Loads are transferred through a frame, as UDL along the length and width of the DG. Thus, a raft with soil / rock springs should be better idealization.
pvgraju

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:45 amPost subject: Designing the foundation for a D. G. Set Reply with quote

Dear Sir,

通常固体元素造型将完蛋了such type of foundations, columns. Live load can be applied on top slab in the software which will get transferred automatically to columns.

Regards,

P.V.Gavarraju.
Arunachalam
General Sponsor
General Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:09 amPost subject: DG set foundation reg Reply with quote

For DG set of heavy loads with considerable weight we have to provide pass equaling or little more than 2.5 times the weigh of Genset.
The disel tank is always on outside when the DG is inside or with Enclosed Canopy type the Full capacity of diesel load also to be taken as dead weight. Provide min 0.20 to 0.25 % of reinforcements on all sides including top and bottom.
我们提供的床上s like this and all are functioning well and not caused any vibration to near by walls.
swati_mayekar
SEFI Member
SEFI Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:01 pmPost subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all !
Post new topicReply to topicThank Post www.www.buonovino.com Forum Index->SEFI General Discussion All times are GMT
Page1of1

Jump to:
Youcannotpost new topics in this forum
Youcannotreply to topics in this forum
Youcannotedit your posts in this forum
Youcannotdelete your posts in this forum
Youcannotvote in polls in this forum
Youcannotattach files in this forum
Youcandownload files in this forum

© 2003, 2008 SEFINDIA,Indian Domain Registration
Publishing or acceptance of an advertisement is neither a guarantee nor endorsement of the advertiser's product or service.advertisement policy
Baidu
map